Help with Veterans Benefits
The Department of Veterans Affairs offers a myriad of benefits to veterans. As a general rule, a veteran is defined as someone who served in the armed forces of the United States. Reservists and National Guard are generally not considered veterans for benefits purposes except under certain special conditions. For some benefits, up to 2 years or more of service is required.
Below are service officers, advocates, and appeals agents who can help you with your veterans benefits in your area.
Advocates may or may not be accredited through VA. Non-accredited advocates understand veterans benefits but are not allowed to help in the filing of a claim. All advocates can answer questions relating to specific benefits and can direct a potential claimant to an individual or organization capable of filing a claim. These individuals do not charge a fee related to filing a claim.
The Senior Veterans Service Alliance is excited to introduce this new how to apply book (2014 Edition) as a welcome and needed resource for veterans and their families. We can find no other book currently available that incorporates the newest claims procedures from the Department of Veterans Affairs along with detailed instructions on how to submit applications for over 25 different types of disability claims including Pension, Death Pension, DIC, Compensation, Burial Benefits, and more...
This 2017 Edition provides detailed instructions on how to submit claims for benefits through the Department of Veterans Affairs new intake center and uses the successful "Fully Developed Claim Process" for faster and better decisions. View the Book...
- About Accreditation & Fees
- Accreditation News
- Appealing a bad VA Decision
- CLE to Maintain VA Accreditation
- Correcting Your Military Discharge
- Find Home Care / Assisted Living
- Find Hospice Care
- Help finding a LTC Facility
- Help with Care Management
- Help with Elder Law
- Help with Estate Planning
- Help with Disputes / Mediation
- Help with Financial Planning
- Help with Medicaid Planning
- Help with Tax Planning
- Informal Claims / Effective Dates
- Service Connected Disabilities
- State VA Nursing Homes
- VA Aid and Attendance Benefit
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Healthcare System
- VA Help - Surviving Spouse
- VA Home Renovation Grants
- VA Long Term Care Benefits
- VA Pays Family for Eldercare
- VA Regional Offices