A Unique and Valuable Service to the Community
A family owned and operated home health care registry serving South Florida, Schwartz Family Home Care focuses on referring you to caregivers that meet your needs. As a state licensed nurses registry, we specialize in the screening and credentialing of nurses, nurse's aides and companions, for referral to clients in their homes, hospitals, nursing homes, or assisted living facilities.
Your satisfaction is our primary concern. We match the client's needs to the caregiver's skills and personal attributes. We thoroughly screen each caregiver before we refer a caregiver to you. Our careful screening process consists of:
- Face-to-face interview
- Communication skills
Credential check and verification includes:
- Valid Florida Nurses License of Certificate
- CPR, specialized training and certificates
- Current Health Certificates
- Valid work authorizations
- Reference checks with work history and performance evaluation
- Background check as per Florida Law.
We are also recognized as being in compliance for supporting applications for veterans benefits such as the Aid and Attendance Benefit. This valuable and under-promoted benefit will provide additional income for qualifying veterans or surviving spouses of up to $2,120 a month to cover the cost of assisted living.
Howard Schwartz, MBA, President
Mindy Schwartz, RN, MS
Howard and Mindy have over 40 years of home care experience. They have lived in Coral Springs with their children Elliot and Sara since 1991.
Howard, Brooklyn born, grew up in Queens and Long Island. He received his B.S. degree from SUNY Oneonta and his MBA from SUNY Binghamton. He has been serving home care patients since 1991 and has become an expert in home care insurance.
Mindy (maiden name Schwartz) was born and raised in the Catskill Mountains. She received her BSN from SUNY Binghamton and her MS from The New School. She has worked as a highly skilled RN in several hospitals. She also has extensive experience in case management and home care nursing.
Together, with their staff, make up the Schwartz Family Home Care Management Team.
Veterans Benefits to Pay for Home Care
The Department of Veterans Affairs offers disability cash payments of up to $2,120 a month to help qualifying veterans or their surviving spouses cover the cost of assisted living. This VA income payment, commonly called "Aid and Attendance," is not taxable.
Schwartz Family Home Care has been recognized to be in compliance with all laws and guidelines pertaining to the application for veterans benefits. We only refer or sponsor individuals who are accredited by the Department of Veterans Affairs, and who abide by all regulations under Title 38 CFR and rulings established by the VA Office of General Counsel pertaining to claim representation for veterans.
The claim representatives we recommend provide efficient, competent and professional service for applications for veterans benefits at no cost -- direct or disguised -- to our clients.
We serve Broward, Palm Beach, and Miami-Dade Counties.
Schwartz Family Home Care
4800 N State Road 7, Suite 101F
Lauderdale Lakes, Florida 33319
We are compliant with the rules and regulations set forth by the Department of Veterans Affairs for applications for veterans benefits, including the Aid and Attendance Benefit. As such,
(1) We only sponsor or refer individuals to assist or advise with applications who are accredited with the Department of Veterans Affairs. Accreditation is required not only for paperwork but for any advice that is provided with a particular claim for veterans benefits.
(2) We only sponsor or refer individuals who have training and are competent in all areas of veterans benefits, not just pension or death pension.
(3) No fee is charged for assistance and advice with a claim for veterans benefits nor is any disguised fee such as a so-called "opinion" charged for assistance with any claim.
(4) Assistance and advice with a claim is only provided directly by an accredited individual or a certified paralegal of an accredited attorney and not by any non-accredited subordinate. Any other claim representation by a non-accredited subordinate is illegal under federal law.
(5) A claimant for veterans benefits is not required to purchase any product, buy any services, make any donations to an organization or pay for any consultation related to veterans benefits in order to receive assistance or advice with an application for benefits.