How to Apply for Department of Veterans Affairs Benefits for Veterans and Their Survivors (2017 Edition)
$79.00 | 596 pages | Table of Contents
Includes a Claims Support Disc
The Senior Veterans Service Alliance is proud to announce publication of our 2017 "How to Apply" book edition. It is a welcome and needed resource for veterans of any age, their families, survivors, and for the professionals who assist them.
This new book provides current information on VA Rules and detailed instructions on how to submit "Fully Developed Claims" to VA's Intake Centers.
Most importantly, this "How to Apply" book provides step-by-step instructions to make successful claims for:
- Non-service connected Veterans Pension and Survivor's (Death) Pension with Aid and Attendance or Housebound Allowances,
- Disability Compensation for disabilities incurred or aggravated during active military service (including Presumed Service-Connected, POW, Chronic Conditions, Ionizing Radiation, Agent Orange, Disability Caused by Illness, Combat or Other Injury, Existing Conditions, Exposure to Hazards, Chemicals and Harmful Environmental Conditions, PTSD – Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Noise Induced Hearing Loss with Tinnitus, PTIU – Permanent and Total Disability Due to Individual Unemployability, Gulf War Disorders, Reevaluation or Change for an Existing Benefit, Section 1151 Claim, Tropical Diseases, and more...)
- Special Monthly Compensation (SMC),
- Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC), a death benefit for survivors of veterans who died on active duty or as a result of service-connected disability or as a result of improper treatment from VA healthcare or rehabilitation services,
- Disability Compensation, SMC, and DIC with Aid and Attendance or Housebound Allowances,
- Burial and Accrued Benefits for Survivors
- Home Improvement Grants (HISA), and more...
This book also provides information on:
- 2016-17 Benefit Rates
- VA Intake Centers, Pension Management, and Regional Offices
- Veterans Health Care (information and enrolling)
- State Veterans Nursing Home's and other benefits
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Homeless Support,
- Handling Denial Letters, Submitting New/Material Information, and Making an Appeal
- Loan Guarantee, Education Benefits, and more...
Claim Support Disc included!
Disc - Intake Center Mailing/Faxing Information, 200 + Current VA forms, 2017 Benefit Rates, Detailed Checklists (instructions for each type of claim), Medical Examination Worksheets, Medical Questionnaires, and an Addendum on VA's Proposed Rule Changes for Pension.
Message from the Primary Author, Thomas Day
"There are scores of books available on veterans benefits. We have perused a number of them through purchase and many others through published tables of content and published excerpts and we believe that none of them contain the level of instructions on the complicated claim processes that we provide in this publication. Many of these other books describe how to qualify for the benefits and what the benefits are and then obliquely reference a few forms that can be obtained online. Others do go into more detail on what encompasses a successful claim but they do not provide step-by-step instructions. It is our opinion that none of these books would adequately assist you in filing a successful claim. We believe our book is totally unique in providing you the nuts and bolts, step-by-step instructions and strategies to file successful claims for the four disability income benefits offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs."
CLE Courses to Maintain Your VA Accreditation
Are you looking for a CLE Course to maintain your Accreditation with the Department of Veterans Affairs?
For agents and attorneys already accredited with VA, we offer two approved 3 hour video courses to meet your initial first year CLE requirements or any additional three hours on veterans benefits law and procedures required every two years.
Learn More | Purchase a Course
- About Accreditation & Fees
- Accreditation News
- Appealing a bad VA Decision
- CLE to Maintain VA Accreditation
- Correcting Your Military Discharge
- Find Home Care / Assisted Living
- Find Hospice Care
- Help finding a LTC Facility
- Help with Care Management
- Help with Elder Law
- Help with Estate Planning
- Help with Disputes / Mediation
- Help with Financial Planning
- Help with Medicaid Planning
- Help with Tax Planning
- Informal Claims / Effective Dates
- Service Connected Disabilities
- State VA Nursing Homes
- VA Aid and Attendance Benefit
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Healthcare System
- VA Help - Surviving Spouse
- VA Home Renovation Grants
- VA Long Term Care Benefits
- VA Pays Family for Eldercare
- VA Regional Offices